Dr. Muhammad Jawad Iqbal MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology422 King St Laurinburg NC, 28352
Dr. Muhammad Iqbal is a nephrologist practicing in Laurinburg, NC. Dr. Iqbal specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Iqbal most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
King Edward Medical University 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 2003
- A flavanone and two phenolic acids from Chrysanthemum morifolium with phytotoxic and insect growth regulating activity.
- Gene expression and adiposity are modified by soy protein in male Zucker diabetic fatty rats.
- Adsorption of dyes from aqueous solutions on activated charcoal.
- Development of a pooled probe method for locating small gene families in a physical map of soybean using stress related paralogues and a BAC minimum tile path.
- DNA repair and crossing over favor similar chromosome regions as discovered in radiation hybrid of Triticum.
- Physical mapping resources for large plant genomes: radiation hybrids for wheat D-genome progenitor Aegilops tauschii.
- Molecular mapping and breeding with microsatellite markers.
- Radiation hybrid maps of the D-genome of Aegilops tauschii and their application in sequence assembly of large and complex plant genomes.
- Rice bran nutraceutics: A comprehensive review.
- Arsenic processing of yeast isolates IIB-As1 & IIB-As2 and production of glutathione under stress conditions.
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Acid Reflux
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- MemberAmerican Society of Nephrology
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Nephrology; Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- UNIV OF PITTSBURGH, CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE, PA, USA 2003
- UNIV OF LOUISVILLE, NEPHROLOGY, KY, USA 2002
- MT SINAI - VA BRONX, HYPERTENSION, NY, USA 2000
Dr. Muhammad Jawad Iqbal MD's Practice location
Laurinburg, NC 28352Get Direction
Dr. Muhammad Jawad Iqbal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Iqbal
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...