Dr. Randall Thomas is a psychologist practicing in Poughkeepsie, NY. Dr. Thomas specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Thomas evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Thomas because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Randall Stephen Thomas PH.D.'s Practice location
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Get Direction
Dr. Randall Stephen Thomas PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- What to Expect During Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
What does CBT involve?The CBT sessionsThere are individual and group sessions. Some sessions are on hand books or even computer programs. Nowadays, you can connect to a therapist online.If you opt for individual CBT:...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Rubin ED.D.320 Robinson Ave Newburgh New York 12550
- Shamar Williams6 State St Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Catherine A Comins PHD387 Hooker Ave Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Dr. David William Sherwood PH.D.389 Hooker Ave Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Dr. Scott Barkstrom PH.D.241 North Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Ms. Susan Cristantiello ATR, LCAT8 Veatch St Wappingers Falls NY 12590