Dr. Barbara Anne Roach MD
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology136 Sherman Ave New Haven CT, 06511
Dr. Barbara Roach is a rheumatologist practicing in New Haven, CT. Dr. Roach specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Roach treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Yale New Haven Chldn Ctr, Rheumatology; Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Barbara Anne Roach MD's Practice location
New Haven, CT 06511Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Anne Roach MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Roach
- How Fibromyalgia Impacts Each Age Group
Most people believe fibromyalgia to be a disease that affects only middle-aged, stressed out women. And while this is true, fibromyalgia is actually a disease that can affect people of both sexes, and of all ages. While it’s more likely to receive a diagnosis at around 40 or 50 years old, at least...
- How Does Your Doctor Diagnose Lupus?
Lupus is a long standing disease and complex enough to make it difficult to diagnose. Some of the symptoms of Lupus mimic other diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis. That is why Lupus is called a “great imitator.” Symptoms of Lupus come, go and reappear. Hence it may take years to diagnose...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Lead to Anemia?
People with rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes feel extremely tired and weak, and they may think that this is a normal part of the disease. Chronic RA can cause fatigue and weakness, but these could also be warning signs of anemia.Rheumatoid arthritis can actually commonly get blood disorders,...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that results in the formation of thick, reddish patches on the skin, often with a scaly appearance. This is a condition resulting from changes in the normal life cycle of skin cells. Under normal conditions, new skin cells grow and replace the old ones on the...
- What Are the Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects millions of people worldwide. The word arthritis refers to joint inflammation, and includes different types of joint problems with different symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and swelling. The two most common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis and...
- Dr. Aryeh M. Abeles M.D.816 Broad St Meriden CT 06450
- Dr. Vaidehi R Chowdhary M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Geoffrey S. Gladstein M.D.5520 Park Ave Trumbull CT 06611
- Dr. Erol Fikrig MD789 Howard Ave New Haven CT 06519
- Dr. Stephen J. Moses M.D.135 Division St Ansonia CT 06401
- Dr. Mehrnaz Hojjati M. D.17 Hillhouse Ave New Haven CT 06511