Dr. John Gershefski is a psychologist practicing in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Gershefski specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Gershefski evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Gershefski because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. John Gershefski PH.D.'s Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20817Get Direction
Dr. John Gershefski PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- What Is Narcissism? Signs and Symptoms of Narcissism
What is narcissism?Narcissism in today’s world has become a more complex term. In 2009, there was a study done where it estimated that 6 percent of people in the US are suffering from a full-blown narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).Narcissism is a personality disorder, wherein people tend to...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Humor and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our Autism Community is very important to us. At FindaTopDoc, we create and share articles and slideshows about autism, reporting on the latest information, news, breakthroughs and observations that we believe our autism community is seeking. In doing our research, we come across remarkable...
- Unique Social Clubs for Women On the Spectrum
For people with autism, social activities can be both difficult and stressful. This can often lead to avoidance of such situations, which in turn leads to isolation. As humans are social beings, lack of interaction with other people can leave many feeling depressed.For one young woman with autism,...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002