Dr. Katherine Tzou practices Radiation Oncology in Jacksonville, FL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Tzou specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine 2007
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Dr. Katherine Tzou MD's Practice location
Dr. Katherine Tzou MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Dr. Ronny Leone Rotondo MDCM2015 North Jefferson Street Jacksonville Florida 32206
- Dr. Robert Savary Malyapa M.D.2015 Jefferson St Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Scot N Ackerman M.D.10881 San Jose Blvd. Jacksonville FL 32223
- Dr. Steven John Buskirk MD4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville FL 32224
- Dr. Nancy P. Mendenhall MD2015 Jefferson St Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Mitchell D Terk MD5742 Booth Rd Jacksonville FL 32207