Dr. Christine Sapka is a physiatrist practicing in Mount Vernon, NY. Dr. Sapka is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Sapka focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Sapka can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ Di Palermo- Fac Di Med E Chirurgia- Palermo- Italy 1980
University of Palermo / School of Medicine At Chirurgia 1980
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Jamaica Hosp, Internal Medicine; Our Lady Of Mercy Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Brooklyn Va/Kings Co Hosp C
Dr. Christine Sapka M.D.'s Practice location
Mount Vernon, NY 10550Get Direction
Dr. Christine Sapka M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Chronic Knee Pain: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Chronic knee pain is a long-lasting pain in the knees that is associated with swelling and stiffness. Typically, a knee pain lasts for more than three months. There are several causes of chronic knee pain and this article will focus on its causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.What is...
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.13915 34th Ave Flushing NY 11354
- Dr. Tsai C. Chao M.D.450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn NY 11203
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD2440 M Street N.W. Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD140 Middle Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021
- David Reich8 Barstow Road Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Nickhil Gupta D.O.550 1st Ave New York NY 10016