Dr. Thomas Okner is a general surgeon practicing in Saint Paul, MN. Dr. Okner specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Okner provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1975
New York Medical College 1975
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Swimmer's Ear
- Ear Wax
- Outer Ear Infection
- MemberMinnesota Medical Association/Twin Cities
- Manhattan E E T Hosp, Otolaryngology; Lenox Hill Hosp, General Surgery
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Institute
- Lenox Hill Hospital 1975
- Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Institute 1976
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School Program
Mr. Thomas Luke Okner MD's Practice location
Saint Paul, MN 55125Get Direction
Mr. Thomas Luke Okner MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Okner
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Richard C. Daly FNP-C1216 2nd St SW Rochester Minnesota 55902
- Dr. Melissa Elizabeth Brunsvold M.D.1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Hunt-lattin M.D.500 Osborne Rd NE Minneapolis MN 55432
- Dr. Ranjit John MDUniversity Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Torfi Thorkell Hoskuldsson MD501 N Columbia Rd Stop 9037 Grand Forks ND 58203
- Mr. Eric Thomas Becken MD2080 Woodwinds Dr Saint Paul MN 55125