Dr. William Faulkner is an ophthalmologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Faulkner specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Faulkner can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Faulkner can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1976
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1976
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Ophthalmology; Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Program
Dr. William J Faulkner MD's Practice location
Dr. William J Faulkner MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Faulkner
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are small, moving specks on the eyeball that often occur in one's field of vision. These grey or black dots, become more prominent while looking at a bright object. If the floaters are large they may shadow vision, but in most cases, eye floaters are harmless. People often neglect or...
- Abbot Gregory Spaulding7815 Beechmont Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45255
- Dr. Philip J Poon M.D.1577b Goodman Ave Cincinnati OH 45224
- Dr. Michael Prokopius MD, MBA2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. William Michael Gaynier D.O10129 Springbeauty Ln Cincinnati OH 45231
- Dr. Michael R Petersen MD1945 Cei Drive Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. Hisham H Arar MD4760 Red Bank Rd Cincinnati OH 45227