Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS
Dentist | General Practice29 West 57th Street 6th Floor New York NY, 10019
"I am committed to providing excellence and to improving the health of my patients without any compromise. I want the best because my patients deserve the best.” “I believe life is better with a great ...
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- An alternative method for evaluating lipoprotein(a) excess in plasma.
- [Experimental study of effect on tonifying kidney herbs in pituitary ovary adrenal gland of androgen sterilized rats].
- Serum lipid concentrations correlate with the progression of chronic renal failure.
- [Effects of acetylcholine on inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate formation in cervix uteri myometrial cells of human].
- Using the overlapping parts of laboratory test panels to evaluate abnormal results.
- Exacerbation of insulin resistance and postprandial triglyceride response in newly diagnosed hypertensive patients with hypertriglyceridaemia.
- [Histolgical and immunohistochemical study of malignant myoepithelioma of salivary glands]
- [Study of chemical pattern recognition as applied to quality assessment of the traditional Chinese medicine "wei ling xian"].
- RNAi-mediated knockdown of FANCF suppresses cell proliferation, migration, invasion, and drug resistance potential of breast cancer cells.
- Memantine improves spatial learning and memory impairments by regulating NGF signaling in APP/PS1 transgenic mice.
- [Effect of kidney tonifying herbs on morphological changes of adrenal cortex in androgen-sterilized rats].
- [Morphological changes in the pituitary gland and ovary in testosterone-induced anovulatory rat treated with Chinese medicinal herbs].
- Endothelium-dependent and -independent vasoactive actions of a Japanese kampo medicine, Saiko-ka-ryukotsu-borei-to.
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2005 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2006 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2009 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2007 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2010 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2008 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2011 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Voted one of Americaâ€™s Top Dentists 2012 Consumerâ€™s Research Council of Americ
- Member American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry 2002
- Member American Dental Association 2002
- Member New York State Dental Association 2002
- Member New York County Dental Society 2002
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) 2001
Experience & Accolades
- Owner/Dentist2002Michael J. Wei, DDS, PCHigh Success Rate â€“ Dr. Wei has over 13 years of experience with dental services. Plus, Dr. Wei stands behind his work with a warranty. On the rare occasion that a problem should occur, Dr. Wei will fix the problem promptly with no additional fees.
Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS's Practice location
New York, NY 10019Get Direction
New York, NY 10017Get Direction
Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wei
Get to know General & Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Michael J. Wei, who serves patients in New York City, New York.
Dr. Wei is an established general & cosmetic dentist who is currently serving patients’ dental needs at his private dental practice in New York City, New York. His mission is to provide top quality dentistry in a friendly and comfortable environment so that every patient can have healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime.
Dr. Wei specializes in general, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, including smile makeovers, invisalign braces, dental implants, porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, cerinate lumineers, cosmetic tooth bonding, teeth whitening, snap-on smile, and more. “I believe in treating my patients like I would treat my own family members, taking care of them the way that I would want myself to be taken care of” as stated by Dr. Wei.
Dr. Wei is currently a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Full Mouth Reconstruction at New York University College of Dentistry. Dr. Wei graduated from Rutgers University with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and a minor in psychology in 1996. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from New York University College of Dentistry in 2000. Soon after that, he completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry program at Columbia University School of Dental Medicine, followed by his fellowship training at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Wei is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the Academy of General Dentistry, the American Dental Association, the New York State Dental Association, and the New York County Dental Society. He is also a Fellow of the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics.
Dr. Wei had the distinct honor of being voted one of America’s Top Dentists in 2005 through 2019 by the Consumer’s Research Council of America. Consumers’ Research Council of America is a private company that evaluates and compiles lists of America’s Top Professionals in various industries. The selection process is based on a point value system that awards points for education, years in practice, and affiliations with professional associations.
Dr. Michael J. Wei has been awarded the title of Top General and Cosmetic Dentist by the Top Doctor Awards for 2019 and New York’s Top Dentist award for 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019. Dr. Michael J. Wei was also awarded by Continental Who’s Who for being “Dedicated to the Recognition of Excellence” in 2017.
Dr.Wei is a certified lumineers dentist. He completed Thinnovation Live Patient Placement of Lumineers courses in June of 2015 at DenMat Education Headquarters in Lompoc, California. He also took numerous Thinnovation Lumineers Dentistry Hands-On courses from 2010 until 2018. Dr. Wei completed the Full Mouth Reconstruction Course at New York University College of Dentistry in 2017 & 2018.
Dr. Wei spends his free time pursuing advanced dental education. He is trained at some of the top dental institutions in the United States. He has received advanced training and continued education at the world renowned Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies from 2013 to 2014, as well as The Rosenthal Institute at New York University College of Dentistry Aesthetic Advantage, Inc. for the achievement of Level I in 2011, Level II and Level III in 2012 in aesthetic dentistry.
Dentistry, also known as Dental and Oral Medicine, is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity. As a general & cosmetic dentist, Dr. Wei has the skills needed to complete an array of commonly performed dental procedures that are simple or complex in nature.
In his spare time, Dr. Wei enjoys spending time with his family. He and his wife, Angela, have three children together. Dr. Wei’s hobbies include traveling, reading, and playing tennis.
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Healthy Teeth for a Healthy Life
Dentists at Fair Doctors Bonn suggest that infection and inflammation of the oral cavity correlates with other medical conditions, like a heart attack or dementia, and can cause serious health concerns over a period of time. Although the causes and effects between oral health and health conditions...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Dr. Louis Paul Sterling DDS2533 86 STREET BROOKLYN NY 11214
- Dr. Michael Acquista D.D.S.479 Bay Ridge Pkwy Brooklyn NY 11209
- Dr. Clifford E. Degel DDS32-17 Broadway Astoria New York 11106
- Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD1750 Crosby Ave Bronx New York 10461
- Dr. Dennis Walker D.M.D.1640 Anderson Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Ronald Kurlan D.M.D.45 Prospect St South Orange NJ 07079