Dr. Charles Garven is a family practitioner practicing in Lakewood, OH. Dr. Garven specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Garven possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1987
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Bipolar Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Medical University Of South Carolina Medical Ctr
Dr. Charles John Garven MD's Practice location
Lakewood, OH 44107Get Direction
Dr. Charles John Garven MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Garven
- Health Benefits of Biotin
What is biotin?Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin also known as vitamin B7. This vitamin is critical for an organism's growth and development. It also serves as a coenzyme of carboxylase enzymes and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fatty acids, and amino acids. Biotin is required to...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Did You Know That Bactrim Can Treat Multiple Infections?
Bacteria are microorganisms that thrive in the environment, but they are not always harmful. There are a number of vital functions that are performed by bacteria, which are essential for our day-to-day living. However, sometimes, these bacteria may leave harmful strains on or inside our body. When...
- All About Skin Abrasions
What is an abrasion?An abrasion is an open wound caused by the skin coming into contact with a rough surface, rubbing away the upper epidermal layer of the skin. The parts of the body that are more prone to abrasions are thin-skinned bony areas, such as the elbows, knees, ankles, shins, and upper...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Dr. Vernon Dale Patterson DO38530 Chester Rd Avon OH 44011
- Dr. Matthew C. Blazek M.D.24700 Lorain Rd North Olmsted OH 44070
- Dr. Michelle Mackey-sawyer M.D2001 E Royalton Rd Broadview Heights OH 44147
- Dr. Kevin John Masterson MD20455 Lorain Rd Cleveland OH 44126
- Dr. Irina Todorov MD101 The City Dr S Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Olga B Kovacevic MD18181 Pearl Rd Strongsville OH 44136