Dr. Samuel Coleman Matheny MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine740 South Limestone Suite B-101 Lexington KY, 40536
Dr. Samuel Matheny is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Lexington, KY. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Matheny is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1967
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Low-molecular-weight heparin in outpatient treatment of DVT.
- Family medicine faculty development fellowships and the medically underserved.
- Illustrations and implications of current models of HIV health service provision in rural areas.
- Clinical dilemmas in palliative care for HIV infection.
- 'Swotting' departments: issues and challenges in academic family medicine.
- Learning how to use interpreters.
- How and why to study the practice content of a practice-based research network.
- HIV infection: the role of primary care.
- Social services for people with AIDS: needs and approaches.
- HRSA AIDS curriculum conferences assist primary care health professionals.
- Frequency of human immunodeficiency virus testing among rural US residents and why it is done.
- Rural human immunodeficiency virus health service provision. Indications of rural-urban travel for care.
- Teaching conferences in family practice residencies.
- Caregivers and HIV infection. Services and issues.
- AIDS-Related malignancies.
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Samuel Coleman Matheny MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Dr. Samuel Coleman Matheny MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matheny
- What Is Cauliflower Ear: Causes and Treatments
What is cauliflower ear?When we talk about the term “cauliflower ear”, it refers to a kind of deformity of the ear. It can be due to various causes such as an injury or blunt trauma to the ear during a wrestling or boxing match. If this injury is not treated in a timely manner, then it can lead...
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- Is There a Link Between Stress Fracture and Shin Splints?
Both shin splints and stress fractures are regarded as overuse injuries as a result of overtraining or over exercising. Even though both may have the same symptoms, stress fractures are more severe than shin splints. Thus, it is better that you learn the difference between the two.Shin splints vs....
- What Are the Benefits of Kettlebell Workouts?
Kettlebell exercises are one of the most popular fitness trends since it is accessible and more practical than other programs. It is equally beneficial to an athlete and to the common man who is trying to burn more calories or become more fit. With the help of a good instructor or trainer one can...
- Treatments for Back Pain
The aim of treatments for back pain is to relief pain and restore mobility. Adjusting your activities is the essential treatment for easing acute back pain caused by minor injury or strain. Back pain treatments are determined by the duration you have experienced the pain, the severity and your...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Dr. Jayesh Kishor Patel M.D.740 S Limestone Street K 431 Lexington KY 40536
- Brandon J. Barnes740 S Limestone K403 Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Darren Lee Johnson MD740 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Christian Lattermann MD740 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Wade M Rankin DO740 S LIMESTONE LEXINGTON KY 40536
- Dr. Michael Rhea King MD740 South Limestone Lexington KY 40536