Dr. James M Koban MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry245 West Race Street Somerset PA, 15501
Dr. James Koban is a psychiatrist practicing in Somerset, PA. Dr. Koban is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Koban diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Koban may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Koban treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1990
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Psychiatry
- Penn St University Hp M S Hershey Mc
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. James M Koban MD's Practice location
Somerset, PA 15501Get Direction
Dr. James M Koban MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koban
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training?
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?It is your own way of discussing:...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Dr. Anjaneyulu Karumudi MD245 W Race St Somerset PA 15501
- Dr. Carla Lynn Cox MD117 Juniper Lane Ligonier PA 15658
- Dr. Anil Parekh M.D.225 S Center Ave Somerset PA 15501
- Dr. Adam Goodman M.D.1404 Hay St Berlin PA 15530
- Dr. Margaret R Boerio DO132 S Main St Greensburg PA 15601
- Dr. Martha M Coetzee MD117 Juniper Ln Ligonier PA 15658