Dr. Kathleen Gaboardi is an endodontist and an educator in Bradenton, FL.
Endodontics is a dental specialty that focus on saving the natural dentition.
Root canal treatment is the most common procedure performed by an endodontist, but they handle many other endodontic procedures (retreatment, surgery, address traumatic injuries, and regeneration).
Education and Training
University of Michigan PhD 2009
Universidade do Vale do Itajai DDS 1997
American Board of Endodontics
- Effect of PTK/ZK on the angiogenic switch in head and neck tumors.
- Cross talk initiated by endothelial cells enhances migration and inhibits anoikis of squamous cell carcinoma cells through STAT3/Akt/ERK signaling.
- SHED differentiate into functional odontoblasts and endothelium.
- Hypoxia enhances the angiogenic potential of human dental pulp cells.
- Endothelial derived factors inhibit anoikis of head and neck cancer stem cells.
- Effect of propolis on proliferation and apoptosis of periodontal ligament fibroblasts.
- Augmented LPS responsiveness in type 1 diabetes-derived osteoclasts.
- Triclosan alters antimicrobial and inflammatory responses of epithelial cells.
- Effects of Orthodontic Movement on the Dental Pulp.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor and Director of Endodontics LECOM School of Dental Medicine -
- Endodontic Educator Fellowship Award 2014 Foundation for Endodontics/ AAE
- Federal University of Parana in Brazil endodontics 2001
- University of Florida endodontics 2017
- University of Florida (2017)
Kathleen Gaboardi, DDS, PhD's Practice location
Bradenton, FL 34211Get Direction
Kathleen Gaboardi, DDS, PhD's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Dr. Kathleen Gaboardi, who serves patients in Bradenton, Florida.
Striving to provide the best dental care available, Dr. Gaboardi is affiliated with the LECOM School of Dental Medicine, where she holds the position of Associate Professor and Director of Endodontics.
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) is the nation’s largest Medical College and is the only Academic Health Center in the osteopathic profession. LECOM has a highly innovative medical and dental education system and strives to bring total health care to the community. With campuses in Erie and Greensburg in Pennsylvania, and Bradenton and Defuniak Springs in Florida, LECOM provides student-centered pathways to prepare the next generation of health care professionals.
Dr. Gaboardi began her career in dentistry by earning her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the Vale do Itajai University in Brazil in 1997. She worked for four years in private practice and completed her residency in Endodontics at the Federal University of Parana in Brazil in 2001. She then moved to the US and earned her Doctorate degree in Oral Health Sciences from the University of Michigan in 2009. She also completed her residency in Endodontics at the University of Florida in 2017.
Dr. Gaboardi has a passion for teaching. She continues to impact the life of thousands of dental students and residents since she started her academic career in 2002. She has taught Endodontics at University of Michigan and University of Florida prior to joining LECOM. She is an active member of many dental associations, has published several scientific papers, and earned numerous awards.
Dr. Gaboardi is a Board-Certified Endodontist. Diplomates of the American Board of Endodontics are a distinguished group of endodontists who have demonstrated their dedication to professional growth and providing the highest quality of patient care.
- Is It Safe to Go to the Dentist While Pregnant?
Pregnancy is the most precious time for any woman, as well as for her partner. However, being pregnant makes the future mother worry about her health and the subsequent health of her child. Therefore, when a need arises to go to a dentist, many pregnant women are not sure what to do. However, many...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- What Is Dry Socket?
What is Dry Socket?Getting a tooth extracted is far from being an enjoyable experience for anyone, and no doubt that after the extraction, one feels discomfort for some time. However, if the pain remains even after a few days, it should be seen as a tip-off of an oral condition called dry socket.Dry...
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- Dr. Robert J. Larocque DDS, FAGD4800 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD BRADENTON FL 34211
- Dr. Don E Millner D.D.S.4800 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD BRADENTON FL 34211
- Dr. George William Castro DDS1711 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton FL 34211
- Dr. Jawanna Smith Wilkins DDS4800 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD BRADENTON FL 34211
- Dr. Mark L Moskowitz DDS4800 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD BRADENTON FL 34211
- Dr. Barbara Laurel Casey D.D.S.4800 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD BRADENTON FL 34211