Dr. Ruth Adams is a dermatologist practicing in Carson City, NV. Dr. Adams specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Adams diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1987
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1987
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Skin Tag
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Wilford Hall Med Ctr Aetc, Dermatology; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Pediatrics
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) Program
Dr. Ruth Elizabeth Adams M.D.'s Practice location
Carson City, NV 89701Get Direction
Dr. Ruth Elizabeth Adams M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Athlete’s Foot Contagious?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused by a fungus, which affects the skin of the foot. This fungal infection is one of the most common skin problems. The infection starts from the toes and may spread to other areas of the body. The foot may start becoming itchy and scaly. The skin may also develop...
- Chicken Pox: Reasons Why the Oatmeal Bath is Your Best Bet
When an individual is suffering from chickenpox, the symptoms that accompany it are less than desirable. One desperately wants to rid themselves of the virus as fast as possible. Some of the symptoms of chicken pox include fever, coughing, pains and severely itchy skin. Some medications are crucial...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- Basics for Glowing Skin
Many of us become overwhelmed at the thought of the skincare routine necessary for glowing skin, including exfoliation, hydration, moisturization, and cleansing. But there are some simple steps that can help you protect and pamper your skin within minutes.Wash your skin every dayCleaning the skin...
- Is Heat Rash Preventable?
Heat rash is a condition of the skin that causes rashes. Heat rash is also referred to as miliaria or prickly heat. The condition is mostly caused excess sweating. This is mostly brought about by staying in areas with a lot of heat. Miliaria is known to affect most children. It affects all ages...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of an Ingrown Hair?
If you are shaving to present a picture of perfect grooming, you may experience the direct opposite – a face covered with minute reddish bulbous sacs filled with pus and painful to touch. What you will be staring at in the mirror will be a face full of ingrown hair. It is not an infectious...
- Dr. Jennifer Jablon Janiga M.D.500 Damonte Ranch Parkway Reno NV 89521
- Dr. Jay Stanley Adams M.D.Carson Dermatology Carson City NV 89701
- Dr. Gretchen K Korver M.D.10479 Double R Blvd Reno NV 89521
- Dr. David Alan Tack M.D.1100 S Carson St Carson City NV 89701
- Dr. Todd Allen Helfman M.D.9335 Blakeney Center Drive Charlotte NC 28277
- Dr. Martin Ernst Salm M.D.276 Kingsbury Grade Stateline NV 89449