Dr. Matthew Evans is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Fort Polk, LA. Dr. Evans performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
- How do birds' tails work? Delta-wing theory fails to predict tail shape during
- Birds' tails do act like delta wings but delta-wing theory does not always predict the forces they generate.
- Genetic markers unique to Listeria monocytogenes serotype 4b differentiate epidemic clone II (hot dog outbreak strains) from other lineages.
- Heritability of corticosterone response and changes in life history traits during selection in the zebra finch.
- Effects of testosterone and corticosterone on immunocompetence in the zebra finch.
- Spatial ability is impaired and hippocampal mineralocorticoid receptor mRNA expression reduced in zebra finches (Taeniopygia guttata) selected for acute high corticosterone response to stress.
- FNR is a global regulator of virulence and anaerobic metabolism in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium (ATCC 14028s).
- Uninformative exaggeration of male sexual ornaments in barn swallows.
- Speed of exploration and risk-taking behavior are linked to corticosterone titres in zebra finches.
- The effects of testosterone on immune function in quail selected for divergent plasma corticosterone response.
- Analysis of the ArcA regulon in anaerobically grown Salmonella enterica sv. Typhimurium.
- Meta-analysis and functional validation of nutritional requirements of solventogenic Clostridia growing under butanol stress conditions and coutilization of D-glucose and D-xylose.
- Population genetics and morphological comparisons of migratory European (Hirundo rustica rustica) and sedentary East-Mediterranean (Hirundo rustica transitiva) barn swallows.
- The dynamics of honesty: modelling the growth of costly, sexually-selected ornaments.
- Modelling ecological systems in a changing world.
Matthew Ryan Evans MD's Practice location
Fort Polk, LA 71459Get Direction
DENTON, TX 76210Get Direction
Matthew Ryan Evans MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...