Dr. Sarah Chewerda is an optometrist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Chewerda specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Chewerda performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Sarah Chewerda O.D.'s Practice location
Portland, OR 97215Get Direction
SAINT HELENS, OR 97051Get Direction
Portland, OR 97266Get Direction
Dr. Sarah Chewerda O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Dr. Mel G Macphee O.D.1201 Se 223rd Ave Gresham OR 97030
- Dr. Paul M. Stasik O.D.2365 Sw Cedar Hills Blvd Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Tammie Krisciunas OD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Eric Kawulok O.D.3303 Sw Bond Ave Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Clare Nicole Midson OD7307 Sw Beveland Rd Portland OR 97223
- Dr. Rachael Lynn Garrett OD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239