Dr. Sasa Machala MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease201 E University Pkwy Baltimore MD, 21218
Dr. Sasa Machala practices Pulmonology in Baltimore, MD. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Machala manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Sasa Machala MD's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21218Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21201Get Direction
Dr. Sasa Machala MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Machala
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Chronic Bronchitis – The Smoker’s Cough
What is chronic bronchitis?Chronic bronchitis is defined as a persistent cough with sputum production for at least three months in at least two consecutive years in the absence of any other identifiable causes.Chronic bronchitis is also commonly known as the smoker’s cough. This is due to the fact...
- Everything You Need to Know About Aspiration Pneumonia
Aspiration pneumonia or inhalation pneumonia is the inflammation of the lungs that occurs as a result of inhalation of various substances. These substances include vomit, food, foreign bodies, and regurgitated gastric juices.Aspiration of foreign objects can cause inflammation of the lungs,...
- Pneumonia in an Immunocompromised Patient
Pneumonia as a disease was once dreaded, since most of the cases would turn out to be fatal. This was many years ago, and with medical advances, times have changed. However, in some severe cases of pneumonia, especially in people with weakened immune systems, the disease can still be fatal. If the...
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, and Management
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) refers to pneumonia that develops in people with very less or no contact with any medical setting such as a hospital or clinic. Most of the time, the people who are infected with CAP are healthy individuals.Background of the DiseaseFour million cases...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Dr. Amit Narula D.O.5110 Holly Creek Ln Clarksville Maryland 21029
- Dr. Toshita Kumar MBBS2401 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Alan Schwartz M.D.5300 Alpha Commons Dr Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. William Krimsky M.D.9103 Franklin Square Dr Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Khalid Puthawala M.D.602 S ATWOOD RD BEL AIR MD 21014
- Dr. Howard Terry Jacobs MD1838 Greene Tree Rd Pikesville MD 21208