Dr. Yael Rachel Barr MD, MPH
Aerospace Medicine Specialist | Aerospace Medicine1290 Hercules Ave Houston TX, 77058
Dr. Yael Barr is an aerospace medicine specialist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Barr provides primary care services for professionals like pilots and crewmembers who work and travel in the air or space. As an aerospace medicine specialist, Dr. Barr discovers, manages and prevents health issues that result from traveling in extreme environments. These physicians are particularly trained in diseases that may arise from air travel, and work to keep airmen healthy and safe.
Education and Training
Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University,Ramat Aviv, Israel
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Villous adenoma in a perforated colonic diverticulum.
- A 16-year-old adolescent boy with unilateral cervical lymphadenopathy suspicious for malignancy.
- Breast cancer and spaceflight: risk and management.
- Medullary sponge kidney and urinary calculi: aeromedical concerns.
- Calcifying nanoparticles (nanobacteria): an additional potential factor for urolithiasis in space flight crews.
- Lumbar puncture during spaceflight: operational considerations, constraints, concerns, and limitations.
Dr. Yael Rachel Barr MD, MPH's Practice location
Houston, TX 77058Get Direction
Dr. Yael Rachel Barr MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barr
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Should Doctors Consider Brittle Diabetes Separate from Type 1 Diabetes?
Back in 2012, a Long Island resident, Rosemarie Sorge, was rushed to the emergency room with diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis is a deadly condition that is characterized by an excess of ketones in the bloodstream, caused by a lack of insulin. These ketones are highly toxic and can create...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Dutch researchers have found a strong link between eating white-fleshed fruits and vegetables, and reducing the risk of a stroke. A significant reduction in the risk of stroke was noted in an analysis of self-reported information from approximately 26,069 people between the ages of 20-years-old and...
- Low-Dose Aspirin May Cut Ovarian Cancer Risk
Aspirin, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, can help with many health problems. It can reduce fever, ease pain, and even prevent a heart attack or stroke. For some time now researchers have looked into the connection between aspirin and cancer prevention. ...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- Dr. Terrance Taddeo M.D.2101 Nasa Pkwy Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Smith L Johnston M.D.2101 Nasa Pkwy Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Donald Sprague M.D.3 Professional Park Dr Webster TX 77598
- Dr. James David Polk DOJohnson Space Center- Nasa Flight Medicine Clinic Houston TX 77058
- Dr. Lee Miller Morin MD PHD2101 Nasa Pkwy Houston TX 77058
- Dr. William Edward Powers M.D.National Aeronautics And Space Administration Houston TX 77058