Dr. Elizabeth Kelly is a speech language pathologist practicing in HOPEWELL JCT, NY. Dr. Kelly specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kelly evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kelly helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Elizabeth Kelly's Practice location
HOPEWELL JCT, NY 12533Get Direction
Elizabeth Kelly's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Christine Rienzi SLP414 CHELSEA CAY WAPPINGERS FALLS NY 12590
- Mrs. Cheryl Irene Demetros MA,CCC-SLP15 HASTINGS DR BEACON NY 12508
- Mrs. Jessica A Mcauley M.A., CCC-SLP, TSSLD27 HERITAGE HLS UNIT D SOMERS NY 10589
- Mrs. Robin Westle M.S., CCC, SLP7 BETHPAGE CT CORTLANDT MANOR NY 10567
- Ms. Jodie Preuss66 SUNSET TRL CLINTON CORNERS NY 12514
- Ms. Jennifer Mary Shagan MS CCC-SLP15 MOUNT EBO RD S BREWSTER NY 10509