Dr. Irwin G Brodsky MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism175 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME, 04074
Dr. Irwin Brodsky practices Endocrinology in Scarborough, ME. Dr. Brodsky specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Brodsky examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Isoenergetic dietary protein restriction decreases myosin heavy chain IIx fraction and myosin heavy chain production in humans.
- Proteasome production in human muscle during nutritional inhibition of myofibrillar protein degradation.
- Effects of low-protein diets on protein metabolism in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus patients with early nephropathy.
- Safety of low-protein diets. Where's the beef?
- Nutrition and somatomedin. X. Comparison of insulin-like activity of somatomedins extracted from liver and serum.
- A prototype voluntary community service program for students in the health professions.
- Effects of dietary protein restriction on regional amino acid metabolism in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Effects of testosterone replacement on muscle mass and muscle protein synthesis in hypogonadal men--a clinical research center study.
- Nutritional effects of dietary protein restriction in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Measurement of dermal collagen synthesis rate in vivo in humans.
- Gestational Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Cancer
- Graves' Disease
- Emory U Affil Hosp
Dr. Irwin G Brodsky MD's Practice location
Scarborough, ME 04074Get Direction
Dr. Irwin G Brodsky MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brodsky
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Understanding the Risk Factors for Prediabetes
Type II diabetes, the most commonly diagnosed form, is usually diagnosed in adults of middle age, but can also be found in children and is often brought on by obesity. While the pancreas in type II diabetes can sometimes make insulin, it may not make enough or the body will not use what is made...
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe for Diabetes Patients?
The consumption of sugar has always been something to talk about. It is not healthy, helps people to gain weight, causes diabetes, affects the brain, and other things. But, the biggest problem is people don’t know how to control the amount of sugar they intake. While sugar is something that's very...
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
What is an auto-immune disease?Your immune system protects you from foreign invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungus by destroying them. In auto-immune diseases, the body mistakes self tissues to be foreign and destroys them. In other words, auto-immunity is an abnormal condition in which the...
- Can Aspirin Lower the Risk of Diabetes?
Diabetes alone already brings so many difficulties, not only to the person that has it but also to the family of the patient. The high blood sugar levels happening when a person has diabetes is because of insufficient insulin production or the cells that are not responding well to insulin. The most...
- Dr. Robert G Bing-you MD175 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Rahfa K Zerikly MD175 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Jessica C Rockwell MD175 Us Route One Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Daniel I Spratt MD887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Stephan P Babirak MD175 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME 04074
- Dr. Christine Louise Twining MD175 Us Route 1 Scarborough ME 04074