Mrs. Karen Denise Hojnacki MS., CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD, 21015
Dr. Karen Hojnacki is a speech language pathologist practicing in BEL AIR, MD. Dr. Hojnacki specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hojnacki evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hojnacki helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Karen Denise Hojnacki MS., CCC-SLP's Practice location
BEL AIR, MD 21015Get Direction
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Charlotte C Mitchum M.S., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON RD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Miss Erin Kathleen Ode SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Ms. Kaitlyn Page Wilson M.S., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Susan Jo Rosenthal MA, CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Rosemary Fitzsimmons Barry MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015