Dr. Kevin Stevenson practices Neurological Surgery in Macon, GA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Stevenson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1995
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Children's Hospital Pittsburgh
Dr. Kevin Lee Stevenson MD's Practice location
Macon, GA 31217Get Direction
Macon, GA 31210Get Direction
MACON, GA 31210Get Direction
Dr. Kevin Lee Stevenson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stevenson
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. Rachana Tyagi MD125 Paterson St New Brunswick NJ 08901
- Dr. George S Stefanis M.D.310 Hospital Dr Macon GA 31217
- Dr. Kwame Amponsah OtherMedical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Arthur Jay Ulm M.D.840 Pine St Macon GA 31201
- Dr. Arthur Abraham Grigorian M.D.840 Pine St Macon GA 31201
- Dr. Richard A Rowe MD840 Pine St Macon GA 31201