Dr. Nancy Virginia Behrens MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine14215 Ballantyne Corporate Place Suite 230 Charlotte NC, 28277
Dr. Nancy Behrens practices Sleep Medicine in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Behrens studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 2001
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 2001
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Sleep Medicine
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Sleep Medicine- 2007
- 2001 Janet Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation, Ameri, MCP Hahnemann Scho
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- MemberAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Montefiore Medical Center 2005
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2006
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Sleep Medicine, TN, USA 2006
Dr. Nancy Virginia Behrens MD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28277Get Direction
Dr. Nancy Virginia Behrens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Behrens
- What To Do After Having Been Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
Have you been snoring a lot lately? It might not be something to just laugh about. One of the most common symptoms of sleep apnea is snoring, so you'll need to have it checked as soon as possible to prevent any complications from happening. Once your doctor has diagnosed you as having sleep apnea,...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Amy Poehler Isn't Laughing About Sleep Apnea
Everyone can agree that sleep is very important for someone to maintain their overall health. One celeb who knows this well is favorite funny lady and former SNL cast member Amy Poehler. When discussing her own sleeping issues, Poehler mentioned that when her son, Archie was just three months old,...
- Restless Legs Syndrome: The Signs and Symptoms
Restless legs syndrome can be very tricky to diagnose. The reason is that the symptoms are worse at night and will disappear during the day. The restless legs syndrome symptoms are worse during pregnancy and are more prevalent in those with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and anemia. However,...
- What Is Restless Leg Syndrome?
Restless legs syndrome is a condition that causes an overwhelming sensation that urges you to move your legs. Symptoms are more prevalent during rest and become worse at night. For mild symptoms, treatment isn’t necessary since the illness will naturally pass by within a few days or weeks....
- Sleep Apnea and its Influence on Fatigue in the Workplace
Everyone is different. When comparing two individuals side by side, they are seldom identical, even in the way they react to the same stimuli. Even if they live together, it is common to observe that roommates, couples, or those who share a close relationship can respond differently to same...
- Dr. Jeannine L. Gingras M.D.6207 Park South Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28210
- Dr. Benjamin P Graef D.O.6035 Fairview Rd Charlotte NC 28210
- Dr. Ramarao Suresh MD1428 Ellen St Monroe NC 28112
- Dr. Meredith S. Snapp M.D.1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. John A. Mitchell MD125 Doughty St Charleston SC 29403
- Dr. James J. Carswell MD125 Doughty St Charleston SC 29403