Dr. John Patrick Barbuto MD
Neurologist | Neurology8074 S 1300 E Sandy UT, 84094
Dr. John Barbuto practices Neuropathology in Sandy, UT. Dr. Barbuto studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Irvine- Ca Coll Of Med- Irvine Ca 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Beyond narcotics for effective pain management.
- Out of illness, into life: pain management and the need for triptans.
- Gabapentin and indications of appropriate use.
- Patient-reported utilization patterns of narcotic drugs.
- Use of drugs for off-label indications: living in the same world.
- Categorizing patients from medical claims data--the influence of GIGO.
- Bipolar disorder pills in perspective: questions from peer review.
- ADHD: disease or social misfit?
- A comparison of clinical practice guidelines in the initial pharmacological management of new-onset epilepsy in adults.
- Chronic pain: second, do no harm.
- Botox, migraine, and the American Academy of Neurology: an antidote to anecdote.
- Depression & just what I thought.
- Consequences of misunderstanding pain--and another view of "the emperor's new clothes".
- 'Minor' can be a source of major debate.
- Breast implants and autoimmunity.
Dr. John Patrick Barbuto MD's Practice location
Dr. John Patrick Barbuto MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barbuto
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Drug Exondys 51 Helps to Preserve Lung Function in Duchenne
Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a rare genetic condition that affects one in 3500-5000 male children. It is a condition in which the muscles fail to produce enough dystrophin due to a genetic defect; dystrophin is essential to protect muscles from wear and tear. The deficit of dystrophin causes...
- Teen Designs Word Search Puzzle for Grandmother with Alzheimer’s
Mary Pegg Frates, 86, used to herself occupied with solving word search puzzles. However, it became increasingly difficult to enjoy it when the letters became too small for her to read. Seventeen-year-old John Frates knew that he had to step up and find a solution for his grandmother.His touching...
- How Is Stroke Diagnosed?
A stroke is often diagnosed by conducting physical examination tests and studying brain images produced during scans. Your doctor will try to find all the information regarding the symptoms of stroke. In addition, the doctor will carry out a number of tests to ascertain if you have a stroke. The...
- Can MS be Inherited?
If you have MS, then you understand what it is like living with an unpredictable condition. Managing MS can challenging enough individually, let alone having to worry if your child will get MS. This is understandable as it is only natural to want the best for your child. If you plan on having...
- Dr. Thomas L Lombardi M.D.333 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84102
- Dr. Robert Eugene Hoesch MD PHD5121 S COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. Dustin Brook Harker MDUniversity Of Utah Department Of Neurology Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Massimo Testa M.D.389 S 900 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84102
- Dr. Dorothy L. Williams MD2295 Foothill Dr Salt Lake City UT 84109
- Dr. Robert M. Miska M.D.370 9th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103