Dr. Jason Mohr practices Pulmonology in West Des Moines, IA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Mohr manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University 2006
Dr. Jason Mohr DO's Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Jason Mohr DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis: A Disease That Might Spread Beyond the Lungs
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?Pulmonary tuberculosis or (TB) indicates a contagious bacterial infection involving the lungs but can also spread to various parts of the human body.What are the symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis?People suffering from this lung condition would commonly experience the...
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- Atelectasis vs Pneumothorax: What’s the Difference?
What Is Atelectasis?Atelectasis is a complete or partial collapse of the lung or lobe of a lung. This medical condition develops when the tiny sacs, known as alveoli, present within the lung become deflated.This is a breathing complication which often occurs after surgery. Apart from surgery, it is...
- What a Lung Transplantation for Cystic Fibrosis Is Really Like
Cystic fibrosis has been one of the more devastating and debilitating diseases to take hold of the population. The condition has forced countless research studies, clinical trials, and innovative treatments to try and mitigate the symptoms and effects of cystic fibrosis. One of the riskier but...
- Becoming an Advocate for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation was founded in 1955 by a group of concerned parents who were determined to save their children’s lives. At the time, very little was known about cystic fibrosis and children with the disease were not expected to live past their elementary school years.However, thanks...
- Dr. Katrina A. Guest M.D.5950 University Avenue West Des Moines Iowa 50266
- Dr. Daniel John Barth D.O.1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Eric Stramel DO274 Union Blvd Denver CO 80228
- Dr. Michael C Witte DO1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Jason B Wittmer MD1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Ravindra Gudavalli M.B.B.S.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266