Dr. Sophia Drinis is a urologist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Drinis specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1996
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Eastern Va Med Sch, Urology; Ny Medical College, Urology; Ny Medical College, General Surgery
Dr. Sophia Drinis MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61614Get Direction
ALBANY, OR 97321Get Direction
Dr. Sophia Drinis MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Bladder Infection: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Bladder infection, also referred to as cystitis, is the inflammation of the bladder caused by bacterial infection. This infection can get anywhere in the urinary tract, such as the kidneys, bladder, urethra or ureters and hence is also called a urinary tract infection (UTI). In the majority of...
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Can Bladder Spasms Be Treated?
Living with bladder spasms is a painful reality for many. Not only is the condition physically painful, but it can also cause mental and emotional trauma among those dealing with bladder spasms daily.What are bladder spasms?Normally, passing urine is a systematic function of the body, wherein...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- What Is Balanitis: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
IntroductionBalanitis is the inflammation and swelling of the head of the penis or foreskin. This condition is not always serious but can be painful. Balanitis can happen at any age. It affects approximately one in 20 males and is more commonly seen in uncircumcised men. This condition tends to be...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D.7309 N KNOXVILLE AVE PEORIA IL 61614
- Dr. Anita Sabharwal MD7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Michael E Longevin MD5401 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Giovanni Colombo M.D.7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Robert Stuart M.D.7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614
- Dr. Stuart L Bowers MD7309 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614