Dr. James Kessel practices Orthodontics in Grandville, MI. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Kessel may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Kessel must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
James Alan Kessel D.D.S.'s Practice location
Grandville, MI 49418Get Direction
James Alan Kessel D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kessel
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Dr. Elizabeth Ann Christopherson D.D.S., M,S,3875 Burton St Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. David Landon Armbrecht DMD2000 43rd St Se Grand Rapids MI 49508
- Dr. Kathryn Anne Swan D.D.S., M.S.6677 Crossings Dr Se Grand Rapids MI 49508
- Dr. Lathe Edward Miller D.D.S., M.S.847 Parchment Dr Se Grand Rapids MI 49546
- Dr. Thomas Edward Herremans DDS MPH MS4353 Sawkaw Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525
- Dr. Daniel G Bouwens D.DS., M.S.3101 Macatawa Dr Sw Grandville MI 49418