Dr. Francesca Geertsma is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Geertsma specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1990
University of Michigan Medical School 1990
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- 2012San Francisco Super Doctors
- Kawasaki Disease
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Pediatrics
- University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Michigan Hospital & Health Centers
- UC San Francisco Medical Center
Dr. Francesca R. Geertsma M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94118Get Direction
Exeter, CA 93221Get Direction
Dr. Francesca R. Geertsma M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are there any Alternative Remedies for the Treatment of Mumps?
What are the best remedies for fever and pain when you have the mumps?Mumps is a viral infection which causes pain and swelling in the throat and neck. It is common in children and youngsters.As the treatment for mumps, traditionally decoctions of healing herbs were recommended for little children....
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Dr. Margaret E Feeney MD1001 Potrero Ave San Francisco CA 94110
- Dr. Andrea Lucille Shane M.D, MPH500 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Erica S. Pan M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Charlotte Jia-hwa Hsieh M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Brian Patrick Lee M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Theodore D. Ruel M.D.1001 Potrero Ave San Francisco CA 94110