Dr. Susan Louise Orloff MD
Surgeon3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Mail Code: L590 Portland OR, 97239
Dr. Susan L. Orloff is Professor of Surgery, the Director and Chief of Abdominal Organ Transplantation at Oregon Health & Science University and Chief of the Liver Transplant Program at the Portland V ...
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1984
University of California 1984
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Neointimal hyperplasia in balloon-injured rat carotid arteries: the influence of hyperhomocysteinemia.
- Bleeding esophagogastric varices from extrahepatic portal hypertension: 40 years' experience with portal-systemic shunt.
- Hyperhomocyst(e)inemia induces accelerated transplant vascular sclerosis in syngeneic and allogeneic rat cardiac transplants.
- Cytomegalovirus-mediated upregulation of chemokine expression correlates with the acceleration of chronic rejection in rat heart transplants.
- High prevalence of potentially hepatotoxic herbal supplement use in patients with fulminant hepatic failure.
- Comparative analysis of outcome following liver transplantation in US veterans.
- Bone resorption and "relative" immobilization hypercalcemia with prolonged continuous renal replacement therapy and citrate anticoagulation.
- Rat cytomegalovirus-accelerated transplant vascular sclerosis is reduced with mutation of the chemokine-receptor R33.
- Hepatitis C infection increases the risk of new-onset diabetes after transplantation in liver allograft recipients.
- Mouse cytomegalovirus M33 is necessary and sufficient in virus-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration.
- Rat cytomegalovirus gene expression in cardiac allograft recipients is tissue specific and does not parallel the profiles detected in vitro.
- Model for End-stage Liver Disease score fails to predict perioperative outcome after hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients without cirrhosis.
- The role of cytomegalovirus in angiogenesis.
- Cytomegalovirus microRNA expression is tissue specific and is associated with persistence.
- Alcoholic versus nonalcoholic cirrhosis in a randomized controlled trial of emergency therapy of bleeding varices.
- A randomized controlled trial of emergency treatment of bleeding esophageal varices in cirrhosis for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Child-Turcotte score versus MELD for prognosis in a randomized controlled trial of emergency treatment of bleeding esophageal varices in cirrhosis.
- Disability index in a randomized controlled trial of emergency sclerotherapy versus portacaval shunt for bleeding varices in cirrhosis.
- Cytomegalovirus CC chemokine promotes immune cell migration.
- Impact of locoregional therapy and alpha-fetoprotein on outcomes in transplantation for liver cancer: a UNOS Region 6 pooled analysis.
- Selection for hepatic resection: expert consensus conference.
- An unusual presentation of altered mental status after orthotopic liver transplantation: Listeria brain abscess.
- Surgical portosystemic shunts in the era of TIPS and liver transplantation are still relevant.
- Fluorescence-based laser capture microscopy technology facilitates identification of critical in vivo cytomegalovirus transcriptional programs.
- Management of symptomatic polycystic liver disease with hepatic resection.
- Promise and Pitfalls of Using alpha-Fetoprotein in Liver Transplantation
- Spine Surgery, Cancer Surgery, Abdominal Transplant And More
- Liver Cancer
- Univ Ca Sf Med Ctr, General Surgery; Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Internal Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco 1986
- University of California, San Francisco 1990
- U/CA SAN FRANCISCO PROG, SAN FRANCISCO, CA,, General Surgery 1988
- U/CA SAN FRANCISCO PROG, SAN FRANCISCO, CA,, General Surgery 1992
- U/CA SAN FRANCISCO PROG, SAN FRANCISCO, CA,, General Surgery 1995
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Surgery, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, NY Gastrointestinal Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 1988-1990 Transplantation I 1989
Dr. Susan Louise Orloff MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Susan Louise Orloff MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Orloff
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What Is an Abdominal Hernia?
When a piece of tissue or an organ protrudes from its normal position, the condition is called a hernia. An abdominal hernia occurs when a piece of bowel protrudes through a weak area of the abdominal walls. Muscle and tissue layers form the abdominal walls. Weak spots may arise from these layers,...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- Dr. Maha Sabah Shakir M.D.6542 SE Lake Road Milwaukie Oregon 97222
- Dr. Joseph Francis Pulito M.D.501 N Graham St Portland OR 97227
- Dr. Catharina A Hoeksema MD5625 Ne Elam Young Pkwy Hillsboro OR 97124
- Dr. Steven Matous MD505 Ne 87th Ave Vancouver WA 98664
- Dr. Christina Gertrud Rehm MD3710 Sw Us Veterans Hospital Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. John Rabkin M.D.2231 Sw Montgomery Dr Portland OR 97201