Dr. Jihad Salameh is a general surgeon practicing in Arlington, VA. Dr. Salameh specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Salameh provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Saint Joseph University 1996
Beirut Arab University Faculty of Medicine
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair during the learning curve.
- Laparoscopic approach to the management of intraabdominal unicentric Castleman's disease.
- Mesh herniorrhaphy during elective colorectal surgery.
- Suture passer tip breakage during laparoscopic ventral hernia repair.
- Bariatric surgery: past and present.
- Can LigaSure seal and divide the small bowel?
- Surgical residents' perception of simulation training.
- Laparoscopic management of giant ovarian cyst.
- Role of biomarkers in incisional hernias.
- Total abdominal colectomy: patient satisfaction and outcomes.
- Laparoscopic approach to acute small bowel obstruction: review of 1061 cases.
- Face, content, and construct validities of inanimate intestinal anastomoses simulation.
- Primary and unusual abdominal wall hernias.
- Electrophysiologic, morphologic, and serologic features of chronic unexplained nausea and vomiting: lessons learned from 121 consecutive patients.
- Sleep Apnea
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Jihad R Salameh MD's Practice location
Arlington, VA 22205Get Direction
Dr. Jihad R Salameh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Salameh
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Is Anal Fissure Surgery Dangerous?
Anal Fissure SurgeryIf other medications fail to get rid of anal fissure, a surgical procedure known as internal anal sphincterotomy may be necessary. It involves a small incision in one of the two anal muscles and is considered to be a minor surgery. Hence it can be offered as an outpatient...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hydroclectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is aimed to treat or remove hydrocele. A hydrocele is a fluid-filled balloon that is formed around the testicle. It is a normal thing for males to have a thin layer of fluid around the testicle. This fluid is periodically produced and drained to prevent...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- Understanding Appendicitis in Children
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can affect both men and women at any point in life. However, it has been found that children and toddlers account for the majority of deaths caused by it. There could be several reasons behind this: The foremost is that adults can easily recognize and express...
- Dr. Rodolfo Pigalarga M.D.1625 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205
- Dr. Devina Komalawati Mccray MD1625 N GEORGE MASON DR ARLINGTON VA 22205
- Dr. John W Rhee M.D.1625 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205
- Dr. Calvin S David MD1625 N GEORGE MASON DR ARLINGTON VA 22205
- Dr. Shafik Mustafa Sidani M.D.1625 N GEORGE MASON DR ARLINGTON VA 22205
- Dr. John R Garrett M.D.1701 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205