Dr. Mark T Shehan DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery1601 South Hawthorne Road Winston Salem NC, 27103
Dr. Mark Shehan is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Shehan specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Shehan is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Shehan are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Medical University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals 1987
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 1984
Dr. Mark T Shehan DDS's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27103Get Direction
Dr. Mark T Shehan DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shehan
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Allergic Asthma?
Allergies have a direct connection with the immune system of a person.Primarily, our body’s defense system is meant to create a defense mechanism against various diseases that cause germs or bacteria. However, for people who have allergies, this defense mechanism also combats harmless substances...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dr. Stefan John Simoncic D.D.S.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Allen Todd Smith DDS1601 South Hawthorne Road Winston Salem NC 27103
- Mark Alan Oghalai DDS1405 Westgate Center Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Teresa Gehret Biggerstaff D.D.S., M.D.900 Old Winston Rd Kernersville NC 27284
- Carl Edward Peoples DDS1405 Westgate Center Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Jason L Ringeman D.D.S., M.D.3020 Maplewood Ave Winston Salem NC 27103