Dr. Eric Mak is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Maywood, IL. Dr. Mak performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 2005
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Eric Chi-ping Mak M.D.'s Practice location
Eric Chi-ping Mak M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Soliman A Soliman MD800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Michael Hyun-ook Kim MD747 N RUTLEDGE ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Ziad F Issa M.D.747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Mohamed Rafa Labedi MD747 N RUTLEDGE ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Brian D Miller M.D.747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Hung-kei Li MD800 N 1ST ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702