Dr. Leland Cowan is a surgical oncologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Cowan specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Dr. Leland Burt Cowan M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84105Get Direction
Dr. Leland Burt Cowan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Robert Lawrence Randall MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Tawnya Bowles M.D.5169 COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. Mark John Ott M.D.5169 S Cottonwood St Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Dr. Robert Dirk Noyes MD5169 COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. Robert H Andtbacka M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. John Robert Hyngstrom MD1950 Circle of Hope Drive Salt Lake City UT 84112