Dr. Masako Shimamura is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Shimamura specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1991
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 1994
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Pediatric Infectious Diseases; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- University of Alabama at Birmingham 1998
Dr. Masako Shimamura M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Masako Shimamura M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What Is MRSA Infection?
What is MRSA Infection ?MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection is a bacterial infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus that has become resistant to many of the antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of a staphylococcus infection (and is consequently called "the...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Susan Cecelia Hutto M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. William Britt M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Grant Paulsen M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. David Kimberlin M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Shannon A Ross M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Sergio Stagno M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233