Dr. Leonor Delapena is an anesthesiologist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Delapena ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Delapena also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1968
Dr. Leonor A Delapena M.D.'s Practice location
Providence, RI 02904Get Direction
Dr. Leonor A Delapena M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Nausea: An Overview of the Most Common Conditions
Nausea is a term which describes a sick stomach and the feeling of wanting to vomit. It can be a sign to vomit the contents of the stomach. Nausea is a symptom, not a disease. It is caused by many diseases but can often be prevented. Almost all people experience nausea at some point, which makes it...
- Study Suggests Ties Between Celiac Disease and Early Respiratory Infections
With the rise of celiac disease and other problems related to gluten, finding out just what can cause it and how it has risen alludes even the best of researchers. Knowing the key differences between celiac disease and other gluten issues is a step for better understanding and management of the...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. John David Prinscott MD200 HIGH SERVICE AVE NORTH PROVIDENCE RI 02904
- Dr. Keith A Perry M.D.200 High Service Ave Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Milagros Magbojos Linsao M.D.200 HIGH SERVICE AVE NORTH PROVIDENCE RI 02904
- Dr. Samuel P Oh M.D.200 HIGH SERVICE AVE NORTH PROVIDENCE RI 02904
- Dr. James Bennett Southard MD200 High Service Ave Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Jose I Herrera M.D.200 HIGH SERVICE AVE NORTH PROVIDENCE RI 02904