Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD, 20774
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde is an oncologist practicing in Upper Marlboro, MD. Dr. Kankonde specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Kankonde manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Univ De Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Zaire (Univ Nat'l Zaire) MD
Universite de Kinshasa 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.'s Practice location
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774Get Direction
El Paso, TX 79936Get Direction
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kankonde
- Am I at Risk for Developing Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is identified to be a major killer of middle-aged women, and the second most common cause of death by cancer. It is estimated that one out of every eight American women living up to 95-years-old develop breast cancer. The number of deaths from breast carcinoma is now declining due to...
- 17 Years After September 11, 2001, FBI Agent Battles Lymphoma With the Help of the Sentara Cancer Network
FBI explosives expert, Thomas Mohnal, has been witness to a lot of horrific cases in his line of work. The Unabomber case, Embassy bombing in Africa, plane crashes that happened in New York and Mexico – the list goes on and on. ...
- Is Recovery from Stage IV Ovarian Cancer Possible?
Ovarian cancer is a struggle many people have faced, whether you are the one who has it, you know someone who has it, or you already kicked its butt. Cancer is not only a tough situation for the diagnosed, but it is often painful for the family and friends of the afflicted. The way one deals with...
- Aspirin May Help Prevent Breast Cancer in Women with Diabetes
People have taken aspirin for pain for longer than many people realize. Willow bark, whether chewed or taken as a tea, has been used for over two thousand years. Acetylsalicylic acid is the active ingredient in both willow bark and aspirin. It is a common painkiller.Not only is it good against pain,...
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis's Battle with Lymphoma
Jackie Kennedy Onassis is one of the most iconic first ladies of all time, and an important cultural icon of the 20th century. Not only did she establish a model for the behavior and protocol of the first ladies that would follow her, but she was also a fashion icon and a well-respected book editor...
- Some Women May Benefit from Delaying Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy, New Research Suggests
Mastectomy can be a daunting, but incredibly effective treatment for women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. In the surgery, all breast tissue is removed from the infected breast in an effort to treat or remove cancerous cells, but for women who undergo this surgery, the end result leaves much...
- Dr. Jennifer M. Reed M.D.2002 Medical Pkwy Annapolis MD 21401
- Martin M. Malawer7830 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Okechukwu A. Ibeanu805 Jennings Mill Dr Bowie Maryland 20721
- Dr. Faysal Haroun M.D.2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Vera Malkovska MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD5255 LOUGHBORO RD NW WASHINGTON DC 20016