Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD, 20774
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde is an oncologist practicing in Upper Marlboro, MD. Dr. Kankonde specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Kankonde manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Univ De Kinshasa, Kinshasa, Zaire (Univ Nat'l Zaire) MD
Universite de Kinshasa 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Washington Hosp Ctr, Hematology/Oncology; St Agnes Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.'s Practice location
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774Get Direction
El Paso, TX 79936Get Direction
Dr. Mutombo Kankonde M.D., M.PH.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kankonde
- This Compound in Foods Found to Limit Effectiveness of Ovarian Cancer Drug
Pitavastatin targets HMGCR in ovarian cancer, and it has shown to be capable of regressing Ovcar-4 tumor xenographs. However, recent studies have shown that if a diet includes geranylgeraniol, the effectiveness of pitavastatin may be limited or stopped.Treating ovarian cancerUnfortunately, it is...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer?
Do you want to know the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer? Symptoms of this disease typically depend on the location of the cancer. Please note that those who have pancreatic cancer typically see their symptoms manifest only after the cancer grows beyond the pancreas itself. This makes it a...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- What is the Difference Between Leukemia and Lymphoma?
A majority of cancers are solid, affecting the ‘solid’ organs of the body such as the breast, lung or prostate. They account for over 1 million newly diagnosed cases per year. ...
- 17-year-old Promotes Awareness of Unusual Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Imagine being 17 years old and diagnosed with Ovarian cancer – it happens, and it happened to Caly Bevier. Caly, a competitive cheerleader and high school student, noticed a lump growing in her stomach for upwards of a year, but wasn’t concerned about it. At the time, the lump didn’t cause any...
- Dr. Jennifer M. Reed M.D.2002 Medical Pkwy Annapolis MD 21401
- Martin M. Malawer7830 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Okechukwu A. Ibeanu805 Jennings Mill Dr Bowie Maryland 20721
- Dr. Vera Malkovska MD110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Carol K Tweed MD2003 Medical Pkwy Annapolis MD 21401
- Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD5255 LOUGHBORO RD NW WASHINGTON DC 20016