Dr. Christopher Bruce is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in East Norriton, PA. Dr. Bruce specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Bruce often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Dr. Bruce specializes in minimally invasive techniques and is an expert in robotic surgery. He also performs general surgery procedures including hernia repair.
Education and Training
UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School MD 1989
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1989
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School 1989
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Surgery Suburban Community Hospital 2010 - 2018
- Top Doctors - New York Metro Area 2006 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors - New York Metro Area 2007 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors - New York Metro Area 2008 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors 2012 US News & World Report
- Top Doctors - Philadelphia 2016 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors - Philadelphia 2017 Castle Connolly
- Colon Cancer
- Genital Warts
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Aerolase® Technologies
- New York Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons - Past President
- Philadelphia Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, General Surgery
- UMDNJ New Jersey Med School
Dr. Christopher James Bruce MD's Practice location
Norristown, PA 19401Get Direction
DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901Get Direction
White Plains, NY 10601Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Christopher James Bruce MD | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Christopher James Bruce MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Reasons Why You Need an Adenoidectomy
Having a sore throat is a common condition and anyone can be affected by it. One cause of a sore throat is tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils). However, apart from tonsils, there are also adenoids, which are found at the back of the pharynx. Adenoids can also be affected and can cause a series...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. Preya Ananthakrishnan M.D.2 LONGVIEW AVE WHITE PLAINS NY 10601
- Dr. Stacie Alison Kahan M.D.170 MAPLE AVE WHITE PLAINS NY 10601
- Mrs. Waheeda Mithani M.D.41 E Post Rd White Plains NY 10601
- Dr. Arthur Gene Lerner M.D.2 Longview Ave. White Plains NY 10601
- Dr. Kimberly Ann Yee MD170 Maple Ave White Plains NY 10601
- Dr. Theresa Marie Prendergast MD41 E Post Rd White Plains NY 10601