Dr. Sonya Clifford is a pathologist practicing in Winfield, IL. Dr. Clifford is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Clifford can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Clifford may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ohio, Toledo Oh 1987
The University of Toledo College of Medicine 1987
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Sonya S Clifford M.D.'s Practice location
Winfield, IL 60190Get Direction
Dr. Sonya S Clifford M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Stefan E Pambuccian MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Tiffany Yin wong Chang M.D.25 N Winfield Rd Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Andrew R. Melnyk M.D.7435 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Mary Schneck M.D.120 N Oak St Hinsdale IL 60521
- Dr. Louis B. Scannicchio DMD110 N Oak Park Ave Oak Park IL 60301
- Dr. Daniel Arber MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305