Dr. Frank Derr is an ophthalmologist practicing in Rochester, MI. Dr. Derr specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Derr can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Derr can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1969
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1969
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Harper Hosp, Ophthalmology Harper Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Kresge Eye Institute 1970
- HARPER HOSPITAL
Dr. Frank Nelson Derr M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MI 48307Get Direction
Rochester, MI 48307Get Direction
Dr. Frank Nelson Derr M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Dr. Gabriel Sosne MD31500 Telegraph Road Birmingham Farms Michigan 48025
- Gordon R.A. Fishman MD1777 Axtell Road Troy Michigan 48084
- Dr. Marshall N Cyrlin MD29275 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. David M. Shepherd MD41935 West Twelve Mile Road Novi Michigan 48377
- Dr. Mirwat S. Sami MD3730 Kirby Drive Houston Texas 77098
- Dr. Samir A. Shah M.D.19582 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach California 92645