Dr. Michael Schweitzer is a general surgeon practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Schweitzer specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Schweitzer provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1991
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Abdominal Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery (bariatric Surgery), Colon Surgery And More
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, General Surgery
- University Hospitals, Cleveland 1996
Dr. Michael Schweitzer M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Michael Schweitzer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schweitzer
- Where Does Appendicitis Pain Occur?
The human body has numerous skin receptors that transmit signals to the brain 24/7 in an attempt to keep the body and person in sync. These nerve receptors are highly sensitive to pain and different sensations. For example, when the body comes in contact with fire or electricity, the brain...
- What Are The Risks Of A Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy as a surgical means for removing the uterus is often resorted to when the female reproductive system develops complications. A hysterectomy would be the preferred option for combating the symptoms associated with cancer, endometriosis, fibroids, and painful and excessively heavy...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- Dr. Mayur Narayan MD22 South Green Street Baltimore Maryland 21201
- Dr. Tariq Khan MD2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215
- Dr. Jonathan Forbes M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Valy Boulom M.D.2401 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Mohammed Asif M.D.4940 EASTERN AVE BALTIMORE MD 21224
- Dr. Isam Hamdallah M.D.700 GEIPE ROAD CATONSVILLE MD 21228