Dr. Martha Salyers MD, MPH
Family Practitioner35 Woodfin St Asheville NC, 28801
Dr. Martha Salyers is a family practitioner practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Salyers specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Salyers possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine 1982
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Dr. Martha Salyers MD, MPH's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28801Get Direction
- Who Gets Cholera?
Cholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae, which attacks the small intestines. This disease is extremely contagious, especially in areas where there is poor sanitation or during disasters such as floods. It is capable of killing people who are infected within...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- The History of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Introduction Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the joints and other body areas. It is an autoimmune disease and its symptoms include:...
- Facts About Asthma That You Should Know
Breathe in and breathe out. Isn't it one of the simplest things to do in life? But when you see your loved ones, especially your children, wheezing, it can really make you anxious and stressed. One of the most traumatizing diseases that can leave one struggling for something as basic as oxygen is...
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- How is Sinusitis Diagnosed?
Sinus infection or sinusitis can be diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner after a series of tests and examinations. Most cases are actually diagnosed based on the medical history of the patient and the examination of the doctor. This is because the more effective procedures like the MRI and...
- Dr. Betsy Salsbury Merrell M.D.611 5th Ave W Hendersonville NC 28739
- Dr. Michelle D. Boose M.D., M.P.H.123 HENDERSONVILLE RD ASHEVILLE NC 28803
- Dr. Sven T. Jonsson M.D.27 Doctors Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
- Dr. Tanya Elizabeth Chin MD1824 PISGAH DR HENDERSONVILLE NC 28791
- Dr. Melinda Q Toney M.D.149 S LEXINGTON AVE STE H ASHEVILLE NC 28801
- Dr. Nathan J Hruska M.D.63 Monticello Rd Weaverville NC 28787