Dr. Anthony Pavone is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in West Nyack, NY. Dr. Pavone specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Pavone is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Pavone are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
New York University School of Medicine 2004
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- topDENTIST 2021 topDENTIST
- topDENTIST 2020 topDENTIST
- topDENTIST 2019 topDENTIST
- Community Service Craniofacial Team 2010 Friends Jawonio Award
- topDENTIST 2010 topDENTIST
- Doctorate of Medicine 2004 NYU School of Medicine
- NYU/Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Professional Society Memberships
- Dr. William F. Harrigan Society (as President), American Medical and American Dental Associations (AMA and ADA), American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), NYS Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (NYSSOMS), Bergen County Dental Society, Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity (AO), and the Rockland County Dental Society (RCDS).
- Kauffman Award, the NYU College of Dentistry Alumni Award, and Alpha Omega International Fraternity Award, each of which recognizes academic excellence and overall #1 academic ranking. American College of Dentists Outstanding Leader Award given to one graduating dental student. This award recognizes achievements in professionalism and leadership in the field of dentistry. Doctorate of Medicine.
Hobbies / Sports
- Lacrosse and Hockey
Dr. Anthony Pavone, DDS, MD, FACS's Practice location
West Nyack, NY 10994Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Anthony Pavone, DDS, MD, FACS | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Anthony Pavone, DDS, MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Dr. Richard P Szumita DDS30 W CENTURY RD PARAMUS NJ 07652
- Dr. Jerald S. Friedman DDS315 Cedar Ln Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Mendel I. Markowitz D.D.S.905 Allwood Road Clifton NJ 07012
- Dr. Shahin Ghobadi D.M.D1600 HARRISON AVE MAMARONECK NY 10543
- Dr. Manaf Saker D.M.D.385 S Maple Ave Glen Rock NJ 07452
- Dr. Hillel Ephros DMD, MD703 Main St Paterson NJ 07503