Dr. John Degelau practices Geriatric Medicine in Saint Paul, MN. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Degelau works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Regions Hosp, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Of Minnesota
Dr. John J Degelau MD's Practice location
Saint Paul, MN 55101Get Direction
DULUTH, MN 55805Get Direction
Dr. John J Degelau MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Dr. Mohammad Albaba MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Nicholas J Schneeman MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422
- Dr. James T Langland MD1720 Highway 59 S Thief River Falls MN 56701
- Dr. Emily Ruth conover Downing M.D.University Of Colorado School Of Medicine Denver CO 80262
- Dr. Clemencia Rasquinha M.D499 E Hampden Ave Englewood CO 80113
- Dr. Robert G Sonntag MD8170 33rd Ave S Minneapolis MN 55425