Dr. Patrick Ramsey is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Ramsey specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ramsey can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ramsey can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1994
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Ultrasonographic assessment of cervical length in triplet pregnancies.
- Midtrimester cervical ripening and labor induction.
- Cardiovascular effects of intravaginal misoprostol in the mid trimester of pregnancy.
- Artifactual fetal electrocardiographic detection using internal monitoring following intrapartum fetal demise during VBAC trial.
- In utero erythrocyte transfusion for fetal xerocytosis associated with severe anemia and non-immune hydrops fetalis.
- Disease of the gallbladder and pancreas in pregnancy.
- Magnesium sulfate as a tocolytic agent.
- Lethal pulmonary hypoplasia after in-utero myelomeningocele repair.
- Treatment of syphilis in pregnancy and prevention of congenital syphilis.
- Chronology of neurological manifestations of prenatally diagnosed open neural tube defects.
- A guest editorial: stump the professor.
- High-dose oral misoprostol for mid-trimester pregnancy interruption.
- Characterization of the relationship between joint laxity and maternal hormones in pregnancy.
- Subcutaneous stitch closure versus subcutaneous drain to prevent wound disruption after cesarean delivery: a randomized clinical trial.
- Vaginal misoprostol versus concentrated oxytocin and vaginal PGE2 for second-trimester labor induction.
- Preterm premature rupture of membranes: is there an optimal gestational age for delivery?
- Biochemical markers for the prediction of preterm birth.
- The relationship between practice setting and management of preterm premature rupture of membranes.
- Misoprostol for labor induction in women with term premature rupture of membranes: a meta-analysis.
- Spontaneous epidural hematoma of the spine in pregnancy.
- The scope of duty hour-associated residency structure modifications.
- Valacyclovir therapy to reduce recurrent genital herpes in pregnant women.
- Corticosteroids and HELLP.
- The perceived impact of duty hour restrictions on the residency environment: a survey of residency program directors.
- Impact of anomalous triplets on morbidity outcomes of normal in utero siblings.
- Preterm premature rupture of membranes in human immunodeficiency virus-infected women: a novel case series.
- Is there a preferred gestational age threshold of viability?: a survey of maternal-fetal medicine providers.
- Usage of spot urine protein to creatinine ratios in the evaluation of preeclampsia.
- Prophylactic subcutaneous drainage for prevention of wound complications after cesarean delivery--a metaanalysis.
- Pregnancy and active Huntington disease: a rare combination.
- Progestogen for preventing miscarriage.
- Spontaneous uterine rupture in pregnancy after endometrial ablation.
- Enhanced in vitro lysis of human ovarian carcinomas with activated peripheral blood lymphocytes and bifunctional immune heteroaggregates.
- Prevalence of group B Streptococcus colonization in subsequent pregnancies of group B Streptococcus-colonized versus noncolonized women.
- Progestogen for preventing miscarriage.
- Editorial commentary: post-syphilotherapy titers in pregnancy.
- Outcomes of Triplets reduced to Twins versus non-reduced Triplet Pregnancies.
- Glycemic control, compliance, and satisfaction for diabetic gravidas in centering group care.
- Intra-amniotic Dye Alternatives for the Diagnosis of Preterm Prelabor Rupture of Membranes.
- What Is New in Zika Virus in Pregnancy?: Best Articles From the Past Year.
- Misoprostol as a labor induction agent.
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education 1998
Dr. Patrick S Ramsey MD, MSPH's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78229Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Patrick S Ramsey MD, MSPH | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Patrick S Ramsey MD, MSPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Gonorrhea
What types of medications are prescribed for gonorrhea?Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and sexually transmitted disease that is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. People can get infected by having unprotected oral, vaginal, or anal sex. Sharing of contaminated sex toys can also transmit the...
- Do I Need the HPV Vaccine?
HPV stands for human papilloma virus, which can be sexually transmitted and affects more than 20 million people in the country. There are different types of the papilloma virus, which infects about 6 million people every year in the US. This virus causes cervical cancer in women, which is one of the...
- What is a Cervical Ablation?
Cervical ablation is a procedure that involves the removal of the cervix’s exterior layers. The procedure is carried out when cervical cancer is noticed or suspected. If unusual cells are detected on the cervix’s surface during a pap smear, cervical ablation is used to establish if the abnormal...
- How do I Manage Morning Sickness?
Morning sickness refers to the nausea and vomiting experienced during pregnancy. Morning sickness is very common during the first trimester, but in some cases, it may extend throughout the period of the pregnancy. Although the condition is called morning sickness, it can affect an expectant mother...
- Controversy Surrounds PapSeek, a New Diagnostic Test
What is PapSeek?PapSeek is a 3-part test designed to identify certain reproductive cancers that aren’t usually caught until they’ve advanced. The test itself is groundbreaking in terms of cancer research and early prevention, but there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the test for a...
- What are Hot Flashes?
Hot flashes are a sensation of warmth that is often followed by sweating, particularly in the neck and the face. These are normally seen in women who are permenopausal or in the menopausal stage. Hot flashes result in a flushed face and mostly occurs in the night. Some women report to have chills...
- Dr. Okey Okoli MD14100 Nacogdoches Road San Antonio Texas 78247
- Dr. Adrienne Wendy Askew M.D.18707 Hardy Oak Blvd. San Antonio Texas 78258
- Lisa Blumenthal Gurwitz4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. Steven Pilkington M.D.4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. Bruce Donald Akright M.D.8715 Village Dr San Antonio TX 78217
- Dr. Michelle Arko Harden MD4499 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229