Dr. Devon Byrd is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAN ANTONIO, TX. Dr. Byrd specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Byrd evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Byrd helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Devon Elizabeth Byrd MS CCC-SLP's Practice location
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78222Get Direction
Mrs. Devon Elizabeth Byrd MS CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Mrs. Julie Ann Cripps M.A. CCC-SLP14215 CAVALCADE SAN ANTONIO TX 78248
- Rocio Infante4647 MEDICAL DR SAN ANTONIO TX 78229
- Paula Acuna-neely MA CCC-SLP13333 BLANCO RD SAN ANTONIO TX 78216
- Kimberly Steding Sims SLP1042 CENTRAL PKWY S SAN ANTONIO TX 78232
- Mrs. Sonya L Potts M.ED.CCC/SLP18734 MILLHOLLOW SAN ANTONIO TX 78258
- Laura Kathleen Gregory MACCC-SLP15316 HUEBNER RD SAN ANTONIO TX 78248