Dr. Shakila Mathew is a pediatrician practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Mathew is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Mathew diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Mathew can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Southern Illinois University Program
Dr. Shakila Mathew DO's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62701Get Direction
Kirksville, MO 63501Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Shakila Mathew DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mathew
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What Are the Symptoms of Chickenpox?
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by varicella zoster virus. It is very common among children but may affect adults also. Infection by this virus causes red blisters in different parts of the body. This skin condition has become less common with the advent of chickenpox vaccination. The...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Dr. Subhash C. Chaudhary M.D.301 North 8th Street Springfield Illinois 62701
- Dennis T. Crouse5446 Old Salem Lane Springfield Illinois 62711
- Dr. Jason A French M.D.13123 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Tracy K Lower M.D.301 N 8th St Springfield IL 62701
- Dr. John Eric Bleyer M.D.3132 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. Lorie Ann Bleyer M.D.3132 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704