Dr. Suresh Patil is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Oswego, NY. Dr. Patil specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Patil helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Dr V M Med Coll- Shivaji Univ- Sholapur- Maharashtra- India 1969
Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College 1969
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Effect of gamma-irradiation on the protein metabolism in Drosophilidae.
- Thermal desorption-gas chromatography for the determination of benzene, aniline, nitrobenzene and chlorobenzene in workplace air.
- Management of acute vertigo with betahistine.
- Protein metabolism in calotes versicolor (Daud) exposed to various stresses.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Rochester Psych Ctr, Psychiatry; Willard State Hosp, Psychiatry; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Psychiatry; Memorial Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Rochester General Hospital Program
Dr. Suresh Fakira Patil M.D.'s Practice location
Oswego, NY 13126Get Direction
Dr. Suresh Fakira Patil M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...