Dr. Michael S Irish MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery1212 Pleasant St Suite 300 Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Michael Irish practices Pediatric Surgery in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Irish treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Irishdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Primary surfactant deficiency.
- Physiology and pathophysiology of lung development.
- Novel uses of surgical robotics in head and neck surgery.
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia. A historical review.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital diaphragmatic hernia with predictors of mortality.
- Pulmonary parenchymal abnormalities in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Pulmonary vascular abnormalities in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- The fetal heart in diaphragmatic hernia.
- Animal models in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Postnatal management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Additional insights into combined surfactant and nitric oxide therapy.
- Tracheal ligation: the dark side of in utero congenital diaphragmatic hernia treatment.
- Additional considerations for inhaled nitric oxide therapy in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, General Surgery
Dr. Michael S Irish MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Michael S Irish MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Irish
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Dr. Tarun Kumar M.D.330 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Onyebuchi Ukabiala M.D.1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Henry george S Noble MD330 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. James W Hopkins MD330 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Audrey Carmelita Durrant M.D.4302 S Sugar Road Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Kyriacos Panayides MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104