Dr. Toni M Cutson M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC, 27704
Dr. Toni Cutson practices Geriatric Medicine in Durham, NC. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Cutson works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine- 2010
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 2007
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine- 2009
- Quality of life and Parkinson's disease.
- Development of a clinical rating scale for persons with Parkinson's disease.
- Managing menopause.
- Longitudinal evaluation of economic and physical impact of Parkinson's disease.
- A longitudinal evaluation of patients' perceptions of Parkinson's disease.
- An advanced course in long term care for geriatric medicine fellows.
- Pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
- Falls in the elderly.
- Reliability of impairment and physical performance measures for persons with Parkinson's disease.
- Effect of a single dose of diazepam on balance measures in older people.
- Management of cancer pain.
- Exercise to improve spinal flexibility and function for people with Parkinson's disease: a randomized, controlled trial.
- 2009elected Board Member, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organizatio
- Amputees, Chronic Care, Dementia And More
- MemberNational Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Member American Academy of Family Practice
- Member American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Member American Geriatrics Society
- Chesterfield Fam Prac, VCU, Family Medicine, VA, USA 1983
- Chesterfield Family Medicine Residency Program 1980
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 1983
- Duke University Medical Center, Geriatric Medicine, NC, USA 1990
- Geriatrics, Duke University Medical Center 1988
Dr. Toni M Cutson M.D.'s Practice location
DURHAM, NC 27705Get Direction
Dr. Toni M Cutson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cutson
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- How to Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an autoimmune disorder. There is no specific reason for this disarray in the immune system, and this is why it is difficult to list preventive measures. However, there are some ways to reduce the chances of occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, there are...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Dr. Iftequar Unnisa Ahmed M.D.3225 Blue Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Trevor Augustus Jolly M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Michael Andrew Lamantia M.D.1050 Wishard Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Kenneth E Schmader M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Mitchell Heflin M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Mary Busby-whitehead M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599