Dr. Karen Keefe is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAINT LOUIS, MO. Dr. Keefe specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Keefe evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Keefe helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Karen S Keefe's Practice location
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63131Get Direction
Karen S Keefe's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Chelsea Meyer Deiters M.A., CCC-SLP141 N MERAMEC AVE CLAYTON MO 63105
- Catherine Schnittker6351 SUTHERLAND AVE # 1W SAINT LOUIS MO 63109
- Mrs. Cynthia Louise Mcclurg CCC-SLP7281 SARAH ST MAPLEWOOD MO 63143
- Ms. Despina (penny) Angela Kyramarios M.S., CCC-SLP4810 MEADOWS PKWY WELDON SPRING MO 63304
- Jackie Unser825 S TAYLOR AVE SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Julie Berman12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131